Building Real Relationships
Have you heard about Jesus? Would you like to know more about following Jesus? Have you already made that decision but need a few friends to join in that journey? At Mission of the Dirt Road, we believe following Jesus leads to the best kind of life. If you would like to learn more, please complete the form below or call/text us at 601-LOVE-473.
Living Resurrected Lives
Learning to follow Jesus is about more than acquiring the right knowledge in our heads, it’s about learning to live like Jesus. We can’t do that alone. We need other people to do that.
We’ve all known poverty. Even the financially wealthy have known emotional, spiritual poverty. We’ve all been the walking dead. People need other people. It’s how we grow and develop, by learning from each other.
Our Sunday Gathering is a great place to begin meeting people who are also learning to live like Jesus, but most people want and need something even more personal and intentional than our Sunday Gatherings. DNA groups would be the next step.
An outward sign of new life through Christ
Baptism is an outward sign of an inward work of grace. If you have decided to follow Jesus but haven’t been baptized or if you would like to dedicate a child to the Lord and commit to raising that child in the way of Jesus, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
One resurrected person should always lead to another resurrected person, which eventually will lead to a revitalized community.
We must be intentional about telling our stories, welcoming the outsider, loving our enemies, and sharing our time and resources and gifts with our neighbors and friends.
If you are looking for ideas about how to love and serve your neighbor, here are some ideas:
- Donate your time or money to Lake Area Ministries
- Donate diapers and wipes to Answers Resource Facility
- Sign up to serve at a distribution of hygiene/cleaning supplies
- Sign up to work at one of our holiday events
- Spend time with someone who is different from you
- Attend Free Coffee and WiFi on Tuesdays and Fridays and give someone the gift of listening to their story.
- Forgive people who have hurt you and seek forgiveness when you have done the hurting
- Share with someone how following Jesus has changed your life
- Volunteer to teach one of our Mission classes starting January 2021
If you want more information about ministry opportunities at Mission of the Dirt Road, check out our Ministries page or give us a call at 601-LOVE-473.